A handsome 3 bedroom Grade II listed double fronted townhouse, forming part of an exclusive development and occupying a sought after position, close to The Stray and within a short walk of central Harrogate.
Carlyle House occupies an extremely convenient position on North Park Road in one of Harrogate’s most sought after residential areas. The town centre is literally within a few minutes walk and offers an excellent range of facilities including quality and varied shops, restaurants and recreational facilities. For the commuter, there is easy access to the business centres of Leeds Bradford and York, the A1(M) is within 8 miles to the east and Leeds/Bradford International Airport 11 miles to the south west. In addition, the railway station in the town centre provides frequent services throughout the day to both Leeds and York, both cities interconnect with mainline services to London’s Kings Cross.
Carlyle House is a handsome double fronted townhouse, forming part of the former Grade II Listed Police Station which was designed in 1927 by the West Riding County Architect, Percy Oates Platts. The recognisable, historical “Queen Anne Revival” style building was built for the Claro Division of Police and the force occupied the premises until March 1930. With its impressive façade, the building has an architectural formality and gravitas befitting of its former purpose.
Now sympathetically restored, the accommodation includes an entrance hall, cloakroom, drawing room with splayed bay window to the front, dining room and breakfast kitchen, again with a splayed bay window to the front. There is a utility room with a door leading out into the garden. There is an impressive principal bedroom with a contemporary en suite bathroom and dressing area. There are two further bedrooms and a “Jack & Jill” house bathroom. On the lower ground floor there is a basement with light and power.
Outside, the house is approached by electronically controlled wrought iron gates, which lead to the private parking for the property. The property has a south west facing garden laid to lawn with landscaping, enclosed with the original wrought iron railings and lockable pedestrian gate.