A wonderful Grade II listed village house with outstanding grounds of about 3.6 acres and extensive river frontage.
Alexanders is an outstanding Grade II Listed house situated in the heart of the ever popular village of Monks Eleigh. It is understood the property was built in 1465 for a local wool merchant and subsequently extended in about 1510. Alexanders retains much of its original character and charm with wonderful exposed beams and timbers throughout and superb wide oak floorboards on the first floor and heavy bespoke pine doors. The gardens and grounds are a particular feature amounting to about 3.6 acres with wide sweeping lawns, mature woodland and extensive frontage onto the River Brett. The heavily beamed dining hall makes an impressive start to Alexanders, with a brick floor, fireplace and double doors out to the south facing terrace. The drawing room has a feature fireplace with an inset woodburning stove, the adjoining study/bedroom 5 has an ensuite shower room thus making it perfect as a potential annexe as it benefits from an independent entrance. The well equipped kitchen/breakfast room has extensive cupboards, drawers and worksurfaces, built-in oven and 4-ring hob and a 2-oven Aga dating back to the 1930s which is understood to be one of the oldest working in England. The spacious landing has a wonderful oak floor, exposed brick chimney breast and a feature window overlooking the grounds. There are four double bedrooms, 2 with fireplaces and a family bathroom.