A truly unique individual architect-designed property set in nearly 4 acres, offering luxurious contemporary living spaces and enjoying enviable grounds.
A truly unique individual architect-designed
property set in nearly 4 acres, offering luxurious
contemporary living spaces and enjoying enviable grounds.
Reception Hall, Open-plan kitchen/dining/sitting room, Games room, Utility, Cloakroom, Master suite with dressing room and en-suite shower
room, Guest suite with en-suite bathroom, bedroom 3, Family bathroom, Gardens, Paddock.
Oxford 7 miles, Oxford Parkway (London Marylebone 58 minutes) 6 miles, Islip (London Marylebone 54 minutes) 3.5 miles, Bicester Village (London Marylebone 46 minutes) 5.5 miles, M40 junction 9 2.5 miles, M40 Junction 10 7 miles, London 51 miles, Birmingham 59 miles Location.
Weston on the Green is a sought after location and is conveniently placed for access to the city of Oxford. The village is a lively, thriving community with a wide range of local amenities including a country house hotel, two pubs, church, village post office/stores and a farm based ice cream shop and café! The area enjoys breathtaking countryside while benefitting from all the amenities associated with city life. There is a park and ride and three mainline rail stations to London all within 6 miles and excellent road and rail connections to London and the Midlands (via the A34/M40) and the national motorway network.
• Walking and riding are available with a number of footpaths fanning out across the adjoining fields and livery facilities available in nearby villages.
• Polo at Kirtlington Park Polo Club (3 miles)
• Shopping at Oxford (9 miles) and Bicester Village (5.5 miles)
• Heathrow (52 miles) and London Oxford Airport (6.5miles)
• Golf at Bicester Golf and Country Club (3.5 miles) , The North Oxford (6.5 miles), Frilford Heath (16 miles) and The Oxfordshire (18.5 miles)
• Racing at Towcester (25 miles)
• Theatre at Oxford Playhouse (9 miles) and RSC, Stratford upon Avon (40 miles)
• Gym facilities including spa, indoor and outdoor swimming and indoor tennis courts are located Bicester Golf and Country Club (3.5 miles) and 7 miles away at The Oxford Health & Racquets Club.
• For education the world renowned University of
Oxford and highly regarded independent day schools including The Dragon, Oxford High,
Headington and Magdalen College School are all within a short drive or bus-journey. The Abingdon
schools joint bus service stops in Bletchingdon (1
mile). Within 45 minutes drive are a number of
excellent boarding schools including Cothill, Stowe,
Radley, Tudor Hall and St Edwards.
The perfect setting for entertaining and relaxed living, Keepers Cover has spacious and light filled living spaces with tall vaulted ceilings which blend the inside with the outside. The principal open-plan living area has a luxuriously appointed kitchen and sitting area, with fireplace with wood burning stove, either side of a central dining area. Running the full length of the southerly elevation are fully glazed walls with sliding glass doors opening on to paved terraces. Extensive lawns with many specimen trees, a running stream and ponds with a pasture paddock beyond complete the amenities.
There is ample space, subject to planning where required, for the extension of the current building or the installation of a swimming pool or tennis court.
Strictly through the selling agents Carter Jonas – telephone: 01865 511444.
From Oxford and London leave the A34 at the Weston on the Green Junction, 1 mile south of the M40, junction 9. Proceed into the village on the B430, taking the first left turn onto Church Lane towards Bletchingdon. The drive to Keepers Cover will be seen signposted on the left shortly after leaving the village.