An attractive 18th Century farmhouse offering flexible and very well presented accommodation, full of original features. Situated in the heart of this peaceful rural village, conveniently close to the A1079 providing swift access to Pocklington and York.
This former dairy farm is believed to date from around 1750, but since then it has served a number of uses, including the village pub, sweet shop and a pottery. Despite its many uses the property retains many of its original features and has gained a great deal of character throughout its varied history. Unlike many properties of its age, the accommodation is both spacious and well-proportioned, providing a degree of flexibility more akin to a modern home.
The present owners have adapted a ground floor wing of the building to create a sizeable master suite with walk in wardrobe and en suite bathroom, with double French doors leading onto a side patio. The room could be easily adapted to accommodate visiting relatives or paying guests if desired, or as an additional living space. The remaining ground floor rooms centre around a large reception hall, the traditional farmhouse kitchen on one side and a generous sitting room on the other. On the first floor there are a further 4 bedrooms, the majority with feature fireplaces and useful built in storage cupboards, all with pleasant views.
There is access to the rear of the house via a gravelled driveway, which leads to a wide turning and parking area and recently constructed timber car port with 3 bays. A stone paved pathway leads from here to the rear door, passing a lawned garden and well maintained borders.