A spacious and beautifully refurbished Victorian townhouse enjoying pleasant views across Clifton Green and a very inviting rear garden incorporating a parking space.
Dating from the 1800's this distinctive 3 storey townhouse is believed to be one of the first properties built on Clifton Green. Much has changed since then however and as well as a number of significant rear extensions, the property has been recently refurbished and reconfigured throughout forming a truly impressive family home.
The accommodation is both spacious and versatile, every room having been thoughtfully decorated and finished to a very high standard. There are individual touches everywhere you look and beneath the surface everything has been updated and improved, including the wiring and plumbing. The house has also recently had a new roof and a number of windows have been replaced. Few houses in York offer this combination of bright, spacious living rooms, well-proportioned bedrooms, and range of luxurious bathrooms. In addition to this are the contrasting views of the Green and private garden to the rear which has been thoughtfully planted to provide numerous points of interest and several inviting sitting out spaces. The garden is a true sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle of the nearby city; a sheltered sun trap with gated access at the far end providing potential space for a car or bike store.
Clifton Green itself has always had its own sense of community but is fast becoming a destination with its own collection of local shops and services and proximity to several of York's most highly regarded schools, including St. Peter's, St. Olave's and Bootham. York city centre and railway station are a short walk away and the area is ideally placed for access to the inner and outer ring roads which lead directly to the A19, A59 and A64.